Molten Chocolate Cake - gluten free, with almond flour
These are delicious little cakes that do all the right things. They ooze chocolate when you cut into them and are flavourful and richly chocolate.
Please, always use free range, farm fresh eggs, we buy ours direct from a farmer, and grass fed butter when available.
2 oz or 55 g dark chocolate
2 oz butter plus more for greasing ramekins
2 TBSP maple syrup, more or less depending on sweetness of chocolate
2 - 3 TBSP almond flour, remove all lumps - I haven't experimented with other nut flours, but I am sure they would work
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Grease 2 ramekins well. - If you want the cakes to come out of the ramekins easily make sure you follow this step.
- Melt the butter on medium heat on the stove top, once melted turn off heat, add the chocolate, stir until all is melted and smooth.
- Beat your eggs well with a mixer add the sweetener, chocolate mixture, and then almond flour one TBSP at a time. It should still be pourable, so if it starts getting too thick, stop at 2 TBSP of almond flour.
- Place in middle rack in oven and cook for 9 minutes, they should still be jiggly in the middle. If you cook them for too long they will become more like little cakes.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. IF ramekins are well greased you should be able to turn them out on plates, dust with a little powdered sugar if you like and place fruit on top.