These delicious cookies are from Life love and sugar, and they are delicious! They are crunchy, caramel flavoured wafers. For once I didn't change the recipe, I didn't add more of this or less of that. Shocking I know...
They come together so easily, and when stored in an air-tight container last for up to five days on the counter. Even my hard-to-please dad likes these, they remind him of his favourite candies - Werthers.
- 6 tbsp (84g) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup (150g) packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (43g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. This is absolutely necessary. If you don't they will stick!
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and milk. Cook over low heat, stirring regularly, until butter and sugar have melted.
- Once butter and sugar are melted, turn heat up to medium and cook mixture just until it begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract, flours and salt, stirring until completely combined.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then drop by 1 1/2 teaspoons (half a tablespoon) onto prepared cookie sheet. Space cookies about 2-3 inches apart. The cookies will spread quite a bit in the oven. Do not place too close together or you will get a sheet of cookie. Be warned! The cookie dough mixture will thicken as it cools, but that won’t affect the outcome of the cookies.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the cookies are golden in colour. Keep an eye on them towards the end of baking because they can burn quickly.
- Allow cookies to cool for 3-4 minutes or until they are firm enough to move, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.